Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Little Things

So last night it was about 10pm. I was laying in my bed getting ready for bed then I relized that I hadn't checked the rotary website in like a week so I had to get on. I jumped on and sawing new journals! I was so excited! Renee is an outbound in Belguim right now and she said



"I was sort of disappointed that I wasn’t there for interviews to see the faces of the interviewees after each room. There is so much I wish I could say to them. I wish I could tell them that all the skeptical looks the Rotarians give them is just because they are evaluating if they can handle you as their future child or not and that Jody doesn’t REALLY care if you know all the states from Florida to New York and that it's not crucial for you to know 67 X 3 in order for you to be a wonderful exchange student. I’m living proof, honest! I wish I could tell them that Rotary won’t disappoint them with their country assignment. If they didn’t get their first choice, it’s because Rotary sees greater potential growth in another country and that no matter where they go, they will have the time of their life. I want them to know that it’s okay to get discouraged and have five million different emotions and outlooks on their future adventure. I would tell them to make sure they paid attention during all of the “make a square” games because it’ll come back to help them in their exchange more than once. I want them to know how important it is to bond as an outbound class; because those people are going to be their lifeline and will eventually become their best friends. But above everything else, I want them to know that Rotary has their heart and soul into making their exchange a worthwhile one and they wouldn’t send you across the world if they thought you were going to fall on your face."


Whoah I wish I would of known that before! But, it's all still completly mind boggeling. I still can't get over it. So everythings just crazy. My first Orientation is in about 3 weeks! Wow I am so stoked! Word's don't even explain it. :) LATER ON ;)

No comments: